The message below is from the The Renisha McBride Committee of the Sankofa Graduate Association:
I hope you’re well on this snowy day. Again, thank you for attending and supporting the Justice for Renisha McBride Community Forum on November 21st.
We’ve been in contact with Rev. Dr. Bland at Liberty Temple Baptist Church in Detroit regarding a community action planning meeting and rally scheduled for December 17th (please note the date change), the day before Ted Wafer’s arraignment.
17188 Greenfield Rd
Detroit, MI 48235
The events are as follows:
- 3:30 pm Community Action Planning Meeting and Light Meal
- Please let us know if you plan to attend.
- This is a meeting to create an action plan to support Renisha’s family and the Detroit community.
- 6:30 pm Vigil and Rally for Renisha McBride
- This is for the General Public’s attendance
While we are unable to secure a van for this trip, we encourage you to carpool, reach out to friends, and attend. The MSU community cares, is willing to advocate for justice, and is ready to mobilize.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Tiffany Caesar of The Renisha McBride Committee (832) firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Renisha McBride Committee of the Sankofa Graduate Association